Saturday, August 22, 2015

Donald Trump Disinvited to Speak


Donald Trump disinvited to speak at RedState event; Megyn Kelly invited





5 times Donald Trump has insulted women
Play Video2:08Live Video
During the first GOP presidential debate, Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly asked Donald Trump about his insulting remarks toward women over the years. Here are five examples, from Rosie O'Donnell to Brande Roderick. (The Washington Post)
This post has been updated. It was originally posted at 1:40 a.m.
ATLANTA — Conservative commentator Erick Erickson on Friday night disinvited GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump from speaking at an activist conference he is hosting here this weekend, citing disparaging remarks Trump made hours earlier on CNN about Fox News Channel anchor Megyn Kelly.
In an interview with The Washington Post, Erickson said Trump had been scheduled to speak at his RedState gathering on Saturday at the College Football Hall of Fame, but he told Corey Lewandowski, Trump’s campaign manager, about an hour before midnight that Trump was no longer welcome.
Trump’s campaign said in a statement that Erickson’s decision was “another example of weakness through being politically correct. For all the people who were looking forward to Mr. Trump coming, we will miss you. Blame Erick Erickson, your weak and pathetic leader. We’ll now be doing another campaign stop at another location.”
Trump’s CNN interview Friday evening instantly drew controversy and criticism after he said Kelly, one of the moderators of Thursday’s Republican presidential debate in Cleveland, “had blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her wherever.”
On Saturday morning, Trump tweeted that he was referring to Kelly's nose. His campaign also issued a statement, claiming Trump said "whatever" instead of "wherever," again repeating that the reference was to her nose.
Erickson, a Fox News regular and face of the popular RedState blog, has long been a foe of congressional GOP leaders and an ally of conservative grass-roots organizers. He has also drawn criticism for saying impolitic things, once calling retired Supreme Court Justice David Souter an “[expletive] child molester” and First Lady Michelle Obama a “Marxist harpy.” He has since apologized for both comments.

1 comment:

  1. 'Oooops! Uh-oh! Did I say that?? Was that Me? Did That come out of My mouth? Were My lips moving? Doggone it all, there I go sayin' exactly what I'm thinkin' again! Seems like whenever my hair's flyin', so's my tongue, and my hair's flyin' all the time! But hey, who hasn't 'thought' what I said? I 'think' crazy stuff all the time, don't You??? Don't throw 'stones' at me, 'cause I'll just toss'em right back atcha! Are you Sure that was Me that said what you said I said? Shoot, I don't even remember What I said, half the time I don't even remember where I'm At, let alone what I Said, or whatever you Said I said. Well, Whatever it was just let me clarify it, or change it a little bit so that it 'means' the same thing but 'sounds' different when I say it. You know, it's totally out of charactor of me to make snide remarks about women, or Anyone for that matter, so, If that's what I did in 'this' case, I'm guessing that I was needled by some stupid reporter woman, who should be home fixin' dinner for her bread winner husband, into saying something that 'might' sound as if I 'meant' 'something' else. You reporter people need to lighten up and get a Real job! And how in the H E double L did a broad get a job as a reporter in the first place, hey, kinda like 'tellephone, telegraph, tella-woman' haha!, what'd she think, this was a cooking show or something?' :/

    ReplyDelete