Sunday, December 18, 2016

'Fact-Check' This, Washington Post!


'Fact-Check' This, Washington Post!

'This is absolutly disgusting! This sicko, lying, disgusting news media outlet has No business 'fact-checking' My 'facts'! How dare they impinge on the verasity of my 'tweets'! I have the right afforded to me by our wonderful Constitution to make up stuff that might or might Not be true, and 'tweet' it to the whole world as I see fit. I actually have the 'right' to lie about Anything that I think Americans will believe! And believe you... Me, Americans will believe just about Anything they read, or hear me babble about. If it flops out of my silver tongued mouth, my minions will convince themselves it's True, even when they Know it's BS. They just can't help themselves! I control their minds! They belong to Me! Me! Only Me! I could tell'em that I had lunch with JFK yesterday, and you know What, they'd want to know what we ate. Washington Post!! See, I Told you that the 'press' can't be trusted! Trying to turn people against me, the most popular President Ever! How dare they! Disgusting! I bet they even have Women reporters! Why do they Do that? How do they get away with taking advantage of their 1st Amendment rights? Who reads that stuff? I'm gonna cancel my subscription if they don't knock it off! I will! I don't 'really' read it Anyway! Hardly Ever! Here's what I'm gonna do; I'm gonna buy that filthy rag, and Then They'll have to 'read' Me! Then, I'll 'fact-check' Them! I'm gonna rename it, 'The Kings News Feed'. I'm gonna make some serious changes in how these kinds of news rags can operate! This world is gonna be a whole different place now that I'm the 'leader' of the 'Free' World! Different! Not the same ol' thing as usual anymore folks! Freedom of the Press! My Foot! Disgusting people! No more of this silly 'Press Core' filth! 'Tweeting' is the new 'Press Core'! I have so much Money, and so much power that I can do what Ever I please that pleases me, and I Love being Pleased, especially 'pleasing' myself! I am the best suited person with the best level headed temperment, the most knowlegable of worldly affairs, most intellegent, humble, kind, smart, forgiving, benevolent, incredibly wealthy person that has Ever been elected President of the United States. 'Fact-check' That, Washington Post!'



Bump v. Trump —

Washington Post automatically inserts Trump fact-checks into Twitter

Chrome plug-in comes 6 months after Trump revoked Post's campaign press credentials.

In an apparent first for any American news outlet, the Washington Post released a Chrome plug-in on Friday designed to fact-check posts from a single Twitter account. Can you guess which one?
The new "RealDonaldContext" plug-in for the Google Chrome browser, released by WaPo reporter Philip Bump, adds fact-check summaries to selected posts by President-elect Donald Trump. Users will need to click a post in The Donald's Twitter feed to see any fact-check information from the Washington Post, which appears as a gray text box beneath the tweet.
With the extension installed, Trump's Twitter account now includes dozens of fact-check notes on any post with a statement that WaPo's editors deem inaccurate or misleading. In these cases, the added gray box includes a simple headline, a few explanatory sentences, and a link to a longer WaPo article that offers fuller context. Samples of the extension at work have been posted in the above gallery.
The extension does not appear to offer context or statements in the case of a post being accurate, and Bump tells Ars Technica that the fact-checking has only gone back to late November. His announcement post about the extension claims that "our goal is to provide additional context where needed for Trump's tweets moving forward (and a few golden oldies)."
In June, Trump announced that his Presidential campaign team had revoked the Washington Post's press credentials. He accused the Post of "incredibly inaccurate coverage and reporting" and insulted the paper, calling it "phony and dishonest." Bump tells Ars that the extension is in no way a response to that action: "Thought of it this morning," he wrote via Twitter.
The extension arrives two days after current Post owner, Amazon's Jeff Bezos, met Trump alongside a panel of tech-industry CEOs and leaders, including CEOs from Apple, Tesla, Microsoft, and Google parent company Alphabet.
This plug-in is actually Bump's second offering for the Chrome browser (and second related to Trump). The first, "Add the Trump Tariff," automatically changes product prices in Amazon based on expected cost changes due to Trump's announced tariff policies.
As of press time, Trump's Twitter account has not yet acknowledged the Post's Chrome plug-in.
Listing image by Spencer Platt/Getty Images

No comments:

Post a Comment