Wednesday, December 14, 2016

'Beastly Dream' a Poem by BuddyBlack 2015

'Beastly Dream'
by Buddy Black

Nipping at
My tiring heels,
Breath hot,
So close
That I can
Feel
The froth
That reeks
Behind its’ toothy
Grin.
Its’ muscled
Claws
That grip
The ground,
Scar the earth
With every
Bound,
That brings it
Closer
To my heels.
What beastly
Creature
This,
That has
My scent,
That lunges on
With no
Relent.
Burning lungs
And tiring
heart
Slows my pace.
I stop,
And start,
And now I
Crawl.
But not so
This furried beast
That vows
To win
This deadly
Race.
My leaden legs
No longer
Run,
And this
Night mare beast
Has gained
The ground.
Snapping fangs
Bared wide
And sharp,
It hears the beat
Of my wild
Heart,
So loud I’m
Startled
Wide awake.
Yet, still snug
And safe
In bed I
Lay,
And giggle
Beneath
My breath,
That silly mouse
Cavorting
In my dream,
Nearly scared me
Half to
Death.

No comments:

Post a Comment