Sunday, September 3, 2017

'Night Feel', a poem by BuddyBlack

'Night Feel',  a poem by BuddyBlack

Pieces of glass
  There on the beach
Glitter like stars
   That I can’t reach.
Wind chimes
  That I made,
Ringing at night
  Are like a train
You hear that’s out of sight,
  Clanging by
On cold steel tracks,
  Making a wind
That’s cold on the backs
  Of hobos looking to win.
A siren wailing
  Out stories of woe,
Hoping it’s not
  For someone I know.
The thunder booming
  From pitch black skies
Shakes me
  Like the meeting of eyes,
Of someone
  I once knew.
Trees that talk
  To a girl I know
Sitting and letting
  The warm breeze blow,
And tickle in her ears.
  A street light shining
Across the street
  Illuminating those who
There might meet,
  With the light flooding out
Into the night
  Washing away their fears.

No comments:

Post a Comment