Thursday, November 30, 2017

Re-Post of Poem, 'Yellow Eyes'

'Yellow Eyes'

There is a coal black cat
With moon yellow eyes
That lays about my door....
At first I thought
A country stray,
Surly nothing more…
This coal black cat
With moon yellow eyes
That lays about my door.


At first he stayed
At great arms length,
And never ventured near.
Pretending not
To give a care,
Pretending not to fear.

Then, not quite the stray
That I first thought
That lays about my door.
I gave him food,
And ice cold milk,
What cat
Could ask for more.

Our eyes would meet,
And stubborn both,
Neither scarcely dared
To blink,
And then one day
I swear it’s true
That coal black cat
With moon yellow eyes,
Gave me back a wink!

Now quite the pest
That cat has grown,
And he seldom
Stray’s from home sweet home.
And his favorite place
Is the carpet where,
This coal black cat
With moon yellow eyes,
Lay’s about my door.
By Buddy Black 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment