A church in Arkansas reportedly asked an openly gay man to leave due to his sexual orientation.
Dylan Settles, 20, received a letter from officials at the Woods Chapel General Baptist Church in Brookland, Arkansas, in early October telling him he was no longer welcome in the congregation unless he abandoned the "sinful lifestyle" he had "chosen," and repented," LGBTQ Nation reports.
“It has come to the attention, of the Church body, that you have made it known publicly, of your choice, to embrace the homosexual lifestyle,” the letter began.
The notice went on to say that the church board had officially voted to remove Settles from church membership roles due to his "lifestyle."
The letter warned Settles that, although the church understood that everyone struggles with sin, he should "be aware of the consequences of [his] choices."

Settles said he was shocked and dismayed by the letter.
“I was in awe,” He originally told KARK 4-TV, according to LGBTQ Nation. “I was in so much shock, I couldn’t read the rest of it.”
Settles posted a picture of the letter on Facebook.
"I just got this letter in the mail from a place I called my home church...u will never see my face in that church again," he wrote in the post accompanying the photo.
The post has received more than 3,000 shares to date, and responses have been mostly supportive of Settles.
"I'm sorry this happened to you … I hope you find a real church that you can go to … with a real family/real Christians that truly actually know the love and what they are preaching," one Facebook commenter wrote to Settles.
"It made me feel a little sick inside to read that," another user wrote.
Since the post on Oct. 11, Settles has received over 300 new friend requests, and several other churches have reached out to offer him a place in their congregations.
Settles said he knows for sure that he is never going back to Woods Chapel.
“I don’t feel comfortable sitting at pew or sitting beside my parents when all I’m going to see is people pointing their fingers at me because of the lifestyle I chose,” he said.
Officials at Woods Chapel General Baptist Church could not be reached for comment by LGBTQ Nation.